Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Night Potpourri

A week in the life:

  • One morning this last week I had ice on my car windows and didn't have any water.  The kids and I breathed on the windows to melt enough ice in order to use the squeegee.  I wish I had a video.
  • I've been in school for three semesters now, and I was rejected this week for a job in that field.  As I sat at the kitchen table doing homework, my six year old said, "Dad, you didn't get the job, so why are you still doing your homework?"
  • I wore shorts and a t-shirt today.  Until just about dusk.  Then the sweatshirt went on.  I then went home and put the pants on and turned on the heater.  I usually wish it were October about this time of year, but I haven't had time to wish.
  • Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.  No, wait, that's somebody else.  My hair's too short for a comb.  But I still need a haircut anyway.
  • Woke up, got out of bed, woke the kids up, got them breakfast, took them to school, made breakfast for me and the youngest, checked email, exercised, ran errands, went to doctor, got gas, came home, cracked books, looked at homework, made lunch, picked kids up from school, saw six turtles on three rocks, gathered books, mom got home, went to school, worked on computer program, went to two classes, came home, blogged, went to bed.
  • I just realized that I don't get out much.
  • One of my few favorites from this last decade, and a good video to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment