Saturday, October 02, 2010

Saturday Night Potpourri

A day late:

  • Speculation as to why my Friday Night Potpourri is a day late...
  • It's not really because the Giants lost last night.  I hurt my knee this last week and it has been really painful at night.
  • The apricot tree was trimmed today.  Yahoo!
  • I tried to reposition some of the scalloped brick driveway trim as some of the kids have been playing with them.  I discovered that tree roots have pushed them up.  This is the reason the kids can play with them.
  • Sitting here day by day waiting for my Giants to clinch a playoff spot.  Will they do it, or will it result in a total collapse?  Time and the devil will tell...
  • Grandma is a really good grandma.  She's 80 and she gets down on her hands and knees to play cars with our three year old.  We love grandma.
  • It's been at least a hundred degrees here all week, and this morning there were rain drops on my car.  I wonder where that came from.  Rainy season doesn't officially start for another two weeks.
  • Wow.  I almost totally forgot about this song from the 70's.  Another clock radio staple.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your knee, but I'm happy to read Friday's Night's Potpourri written on Saturday!

    The Giants would have to lose FIVE in a row (but I'm sure that you know the math), so I doubt that will happen...right now it looks like they'll clinch today.
    Boo Hiss

    C

    ReplyDelete