Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life Happens

...time and chance happeneth to them all. Ecclesiastes 9:11 KJV

I had a conversation with a friend the other day, and we talked about how life progresses. We both are in our mid 40's, and have each discovered things about life now, and how we have passions for those things that probably wouldn't have been as pronounced when we were younger. Things can happen at a place earlier in life that are changed by a big event. We wondered why some things take place that seem so irrelevant to later things, yet those things delay the others.

Life happens.

That's what. We simply have no other way to describe these things. Why God throws us a curve or forces us to change tracks against the red switching light, nobody here knows. Why did I sit at that pizza parlor (that doesn't exist anymore) with those people (who I haven't seen in 20 years, and likely never will again) for several years without any record existing of our time there? What did it prove? It seems to be a waste of time for what I'm doing now. What will come of it?

Who knows. Such are the mysteries of life.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the "agnst" if that is the word to use, of what you have written here. The thought comes into my mind and though it sounds almost cliche, it is a saqying I still believe is true. "Nothing in our life is wasted in the economy of a soverigien God..."

    Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how God reconciles all of it, either, but I know that, w/God, there is no waste of time. As I've said to Gene in a particular situation, "Why doesn't God DO something?" Gene's reply is always the same, "He IS doing something," and MY reply is always the same, "Well, this isn't what I had in mind."

    Life takes so many twists and turns, and it's weird how you evolve. I mean, things that I used to love to do, I have no interest in those things anymore. For example, I used to play the piano (remember I even played for your wedding), but through a series of events (church-related), I don't play anymore, and haven't for many years. I don't miss it, but there are times that I get wistful about it, and wonder why. But, the stock answer is that God knows the answer, but He hasn't let on what it is. So, I'm reduced to trusting Him. Drat.

    Hey, I just figured out my next post...about why I don't play the piano anymore, and I'm naming names! No, but, really, I think that I may write somthing about it, and how most of life boils down to trusting God. It almost always goes back to that.

    I'm out.

    Get to bed at a decent hour tonight, Stevie.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete