Friday, September 04, 2009

Friday Night Potpourri

It's been a slow blogging week. So here are some scattered thoughts for a Friday night:

  • It's been a slow blogging week because something's up, and I'm not telling until later.
  • Some good things have happened recently, so I'm happy about that.
  • The sunset tonight was gorgeous. Pink to purple.
  • Here's a question: should a church excommunicate over personal belief on the proper mode and subject of baptism? (i.e. not agree with the pastor?)
  • In the fourth grade our class had a phonograph record player. There were some 45's the kids played often, and we thought those songs were really cool. Here's one of them from the previous decade. Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,

    Praise the Lord that some good things have happened recently. I have been praying for all of you.

    Here's my viewpoint of your question. I absolutely do not believe a person should be excommunicated (and do you mean go through church discipline ?) from a church over a personal belief of baptism. I do have my viewpoint on baptism and feel that in either camp of belief (infant or believer baptism) that there are some who take things to the extreme and I don't agree with them.

    Have a great week, say hi to everyone. If you have a chance forward me your oldest's soccer schedule. I would love to go and watch a game as time allows.

    To God be all the glory,

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete