- Even if you don't write Friday Night Potpourri until Saturday afternoon.
- Even if the Beatles wrote a song titled, "Eight Days A Week."
- Especially when you think this FNP theme is cute then "This Week In Baseball" comes on.
- One of the things about my temp job that I haven't experienced in several decades is that I get paid once a week. This is so unusual that I don't quite know how to process it. But a paycheck shows up every seven days instead of twice per month, and we're all thankful for that.
- I've run out of "week" theme items so I'll switch to something random like breakfast cereals. So there's a cereal called Reece's Puffs, a take off of Cocoa Puffs. I guess some goof accidentally spilled some peanut butter in the Cocoa Puff recipe while in the General Mills laboratory. Accidents happen. Not that I would eat such a concoction. I grew up on Wheaties, Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Shredded Wheat, Cinnamon Life and a half dozen other lessers.
- The kids were bored late in the summer. I can tell by all the stuff accumulated on the roof. Cups, balls, newspapers, toys, rocks. Time to get the ladder out and do some fall cleaning.
- This last item has nothing whatsoever to do with a week. Or so I've heard.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri
A week is a week is a week: