Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday Night Potpourri

After a swing shift, Friday night at 11pm is my 5pm:
  • I've been thinking lately about switching Friday Night Potpourri to Saturday Night.  I'm working swings on Fridays and I usually crash immediately on Friday night after I get home.  Like last night.  I woke up on the couch in the wee hours with my blog editor still open and too tired to do anything other than go to bed.
  • I've encountered so many black widow spiders in the back yard it's hard to count.  I'm wondering why they only appear in the back yard.  It's been that way the last several houses I've lived in.
  • Leaves are beginning to drop in the back yard.  That means getting out the rusty leaf rake and putting it to use in the next few months.  Nothing like getting the rust worked out of a tool by using it.
  • I love a good cup of coffee every afternoon.  I'm not a morning coffee person, but usually have one after those post-lunch sleepy sessions kick in.  Makes the afternoon go faster and more efficient.
  • What is up with laptops and their bizarre keyboard mishaps?  I type and right in the middle of what I'm doing, large chunks of text are cut and pasted to other parts of the document and the vertical scroll bar goes wildly up and down.  I mentioned this to a co-worker the other day and he experiences the same things.  Then Mrs. Scott agreed.  Anybody have these woes and know what they are?
  • Popcorn ceilings. Or what everybody used to call "cottage cheese" ceilings. The inventor never took into consideration that kids and popcorn ceilings don't mix. Or... Must have been invented by the devil himself.  You've got to pick up all the little pieces...
  • song.

3 comments:

  1. Regarding the laptop going haywire.... It's probably the touch pad messing you up. I was having similar issues. I now use a wireless mouse and disabled/turned off the touch pad. That cut down on a lot of the "allofasudden's"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, thanks for the input. I was wondering if it were the touch pad, but I've never been able to pinpoint it because I don't ever remember accidentally touching it.

    Gene, your opinion is very valuable to me.

    ReplyDelete