Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Night Potpourri

Well, it's about time.  Without further adieu:

  • There's several sets of new tires in our family.  Those couldn't have come at a better time.  The thinning treads wouldn't have made it through the wet spell we're enduring.
  • My first St. Patty's Day Guinness came in the wee hours.  Working late swing shift certainly helps that.
  • St. Patrick used the three leaf shamrock to teach the Irish people about the Holy Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  I'll celebrate that!
  • I'm at least part Irish, one eighth.  My mother's grandmother was Irish and she married a Lithuanian man.  I'm not sure how much Irish, if any, is in either of my grandfather's lineage.
  • I wore a green shirt to work last night on the chance that I would work past midnight.  Did it work?
  • It was really nice to jog in the rain yesterday.  It started sprinkling just as I left and by the time I got to the park, it was raining.  Mrs. Scott always remarks that I bring a fresh smell back home with me.
  • It all goes together very well.

1 comment:

  1. I drank a couple Guinness stouts for St. Patrick's day. First time in a long time I seen the original stout in the store. Don't have Irish in me, Polish (25%), English (50%), Slovak (25%).

    ReplyDelete