Saturday, March 07, 2009

Preaching To The Poor and Blind and Naked

"Because you say, 'I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,' and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich, and white garments that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eyesalve to anoint your eyes, that you may see." quote from The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God - Revelation 3:17-18

I reflected on a conversation I had with a friend about something in my church past. I have rarely ever desired to be a preacher, but on those rare occasions, the above text might have been tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment