Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Night Potpourri in San Diego

From my laptop in the sand:

  • San Diego is one of our favorite places on earth. Mrs. Scott and I each loved it so much separately before getting married that we didn't even discuss where to go on our honeymoon.
  • We're on a budget few-days-away with the kids. Sand and boogie boards. Experts advise against mentioning vacations on social media sites, but when you've got somebody from a law enforcement family with numerous hours in at the shooting range house sitting for you, it makes it a bit easier.
  • I'm not much of a basketball fan, and a Lakers-Celtics final is a yawner for me. As I was walking out last night to pick up something on the beach bum main drag, I noticed a dozen or so bars and restaurants that had game 7 on within a few blocks. I could tell which venues had cable or satellite setups with that dreadful 7 second delay. A big cheer behind me was echoed by a big cheer around the corner a bit too late. Live? Huh!
  • Cheap, hole-in-the-wall Mexican joints have the best food, either side of any border.
  • We were in the flight path of the San Diego airport. Scores of 737's went straight over head the last couple of days. A number of them ran their shadows right through us. It tailed off as the night got later.
  • I've noticed the night life is over here at about 3am.
  • Okay, so it just goes with the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment