Sunday, June 13, 2010

Friday Night Potpourri

A week of gittin' 'er done:

  • Hanging most of our pictures up - a big honey do - makes the house feel much more like home.
  • Why is it that plants look so much better when you water them? Especially in hot weather? I'll have to remember that.
  • Took our eight year old to the open space again. We saw two king snakes within a couple minutes of each other. What a treat. Then with the other kids we saw a turtle crossing the road. I had to go slow to miss it. Kids just love nature and its critters.
  • Our garden hose exploded so I needed a duct tape fix. Late at night it was good to find that the drug store (open til midnight) carried it. Of course, it happened while watering the plants.
  • Our five year old made the pee-wee all-star team and plays a couple of games this week. All the other kids are older and bigger, but we'll see if that makes a difference.
  • As I type this, I'm listening to an entire LP in original song order using eight Windows tabs, each linked to the YouTube clip for each song. Am I some kind of geek? Maybe I'll reveal which album another time.
  • This song was played over the PA system at Oakland A's games back in the early 80's when the visiting manager took the pitcher out. No other reason than I remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment