Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Potpourri

A week of Christmas anticipation:

  • I wasn't sure if I had the ability to post tonight, so I decided to write this a day ahead (yesterday) and schedule it for tonight.  But that didn't work, so I'm writing this tonight after all.
  • My kids put out a row of candy cane lights at the edge of the driveway.  They're about 30" high and put out some good light.
  • We went to Sacramento for Christmas Eve with Mrs. Scott's family.  Her family always celebrates on the eve, while my family always does Christmas day.  We never have to choose between families.
  • We stay late in Sacramento, and I get a Starbucks drink for the ride home.  Everybody falls asleep and I drive home with Christmas music on the radio.
  • This Christmas Eve was foggy, just like the song says.  This morning there was fog in the Sacramento Valley in places, but not too thick as to prevent driving.  The same with the way home.  Visibility was maybe a half mile.  That's foggy enough to make it feel like winter.
  • I received a job offer this week for a short intern position, but if that goes well it could result in full time work.  Wahoo!
  • I simply can't think of a better piece to play than this.  Merry Christmas from the Pew.

No comments:

Post a Comment