Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Night Potpourri

Another week, another FNP:

  • Christmas decorations are up.  The kids really like the candy cane lights up the driveway.
  • Went downtown tonight, window shopping.  Mrs. Scott and I dropped into a number of shops, and several of them were playing the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack.  Now I know it's Christmas season.
  • Two jokers were driving side by side on a road that went over a large hill between two cities I frequent.  They kept pace with each other at about 10-15 miles under the speed limit for about 5-6 miles, with occasional spurts of drag racing.  It was wet from raining, too.  Traffic was backed up for a half mile behind these clowns.  As I passed them much later on, they were both talking on cell phones.  Maybe to each other.  Hmmm.  What to make of such people, and would driving up behind them and tapping their bumpers cause any problems?  Machine gun under the hood like Batman?
  • The next city over put up a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the fountain in the usual plaza.  It's never been there before.
  • I was in the CD section of a book store trying to listen to CD's with those sampler stations - head phones that allow you to listen to clips of each song simply scanning the bar code under the laser.  I couldn't get the thing to work, then I noticed that every CD I tried was a Beatles CD.  They got something against listening stations?
  • I went out this morning to find my five year old sweeping the driveway before school.  Now that's cool!
  • I was only a few years old when this was recorded.  I didn't remember it until much later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment