- It's odd to be commuting again. But, thankfully, it has been a counter-commute that is earlier than the heavy traffic time. The one big potential delay is having to wait 10 minutes for a train to pass. A co-worker has that happen yesterday. After work today, the crossing arm malfunctioned - with bells and lights - and I was detoured into the next city in a long runaround.
- Many bosses. It's quite interesting. I'm working for a plant that is still under construction, and we're doing prep work in the lab for when it starts up. Since it's still under construction, we're technically in a construction zone, and the construction company has rules and procedures that have to be followed because it controls the site. Meanwhile the plant is on leased property of another plant, so there are rules and procedures of that plant, since we all access their right of way to get to ours. Finally, I'm working for a temp agency that has its own guidelines for my employment. Whew! Got all that?
- Our six year old says that mom's grilled cheese sandwiches come in third. Grandma's are first. Then Mrs. Scott's work's are second. Hers are only third. But... she's the one that makes the grilled cheese sandwiches at work, so she comes in both second and third.
- School's out for the kids and their cousins and neighbors. What does summer have in store? Let's see... boredom? Can I go to...? Summer camps? When is school going to start?
- Chocolate chip cookie dough. Who needs an oven?
- We've had a bit of warming in our weather, so the neighborhood kids have taken to the garden hose.
- At my previous job, I used to play this CD every Friday at 3:30, and this is my favorite tune on the CD.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri
A full week of work, including tomorrow: