Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Night Potpourri

A week full of thoughts:

  • The opening ceremonies of the winter Olympics were spectacular. Way to go Vancouver.
  • I saw an ad that was very masculine in nature for the new Dodge Challenger, yet most of them I've seen on the road have been driven by women.
  • I plan to change the oil in my current car for the first time tomorrow. I've had it for a while now, but had it done at an oil changing place. I've been changing my own oil since I was about sixteen.
  • It's been a very gray winter here, with little sunshine and much rain. I think I've gotten used to it, but sometimes a little sun might help the lack of a tan.
  • Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints and The Who; neither of you looked too bad.
  • The grocery store my mom shopped at during my youth was turned into a Staples just a few years ago. Now that we're back in the same neighborhood, I visited that store for the first time. It was weird trying to imagine a grocery store in that space, one that I had visited many hundreds of times before.
  • And who could forget this radio staple from 1978?

No comments:

Post a Comment