Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Night Potpourri

Brain waves for this last week:

  • We think we found a house to move into. It's larger than our old house, and we think it should take care of our needs for the next year, and hopefully beyond.
  • One of my school textbooks warns to not point power tools at other people. I wonder why?
  • Next week is St. Patrick's Day. Of course, this means corned beef and cabbage and Guinness Stout. Hey, I'm part Irish. I forget which part, but I'm pretty sure the Irish part married the Lithuanian part. Don't know what Lithuanians do.
  • Speaking of being part something, I'm part German Swiss, English, Irish, German, Swedish and Lithuanian. That's all I'm aware of. Typical Euro mutt.
  • Denied! This was the funniest part of the movie. Anybody familiar with the rock scene and music stores knows that this is the song every guitarist wants to play in the store. I was with three other people who knew it was funny, but the whole theater was filled with twelve year olds and their parents who didn't get it. We were the only ones busting up, and everybody else thought we were goofing off and turned around to scorn us. Kids those days.
  • Washing your two year old's security blanket is a challenge. About 1am is the only time he is asleep enough to not notice it's missing.
  • Sometimes another song on the album is better than the radio hits.

2 comments:

  1. One evening I saw this note left by my wife as a reminder to herself, "Throw blankie in dryer."

    I told her it was the most important thing she did all day ... from my one-year old's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea this wasn't a radio hit!

    When driving, that's the only song from that group that I listen to. Everything else, I press a button to see what another station is playing.

    ReplyDelete