- I've noticed an eternal truth. A bag of regular potato chips lasts two weeks. A bag of BBQ potato chips lasts two minutes.
- A little Hollywood and TV secret I learned from my retired CHP dad. All California license plates used in a movie or TV show are not real numbers. The DMV has its own license plate rules for the placement of letters next to numerals. Letters that resemble numerals, like "Q," "O," and "I" cannot be used next to numerals. So, the plates used are ones that have those arrangements.
- It's surprising just how often the side gate has to be tweaked in order for it to close properly by itself.
- The National League won the All-Star game. So that means, let's see...I forget, but it has political ramifications in an election year.
- A neighbor's fig tree is dropping figs over the fence. I wouldn't have a clue how to eat figs.
- I was driving through Bakersfield just a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if I ran any red lights, but I'm surprised it took me so long to think of this for my FNP song.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Another week, another dollar or less: