- My eight year old, who is the virtual Crocodile Hunter of the insect world, held a tiny spider in his hand and it started making a web from his finger to the porch swing.
- I'm announcing a new blog for those who are interested in baseball cards. It's called "1974 Topps Set" and is about my collection from that year during my childhood. I post scanned pix of each card I have in the set and tell a little about each one, with some stories or info along the way.
- The dryer in our house has one of those buzzers that jolt you out of your chair at about 120dB. It looks to be a late 70's or early 80's model, and there's no setting to turn it off like on today's models. I'm guessing a Phillips screwdriver and wire cutters are in order.
- I've noticed a trend in the last ten years maybe. I don't know of any 24 hour grocery stores any more. They all used to be, except for the one closest to the large retirement community, which closed at 9pm for obvious reasons. Now I feel fortunate to find one open until midnight.
- Our doorbell goes "dong." For some reason the "ding" doesn't work. The little girl next door often rings it twice, so we hear "dong dong."
- Steve Scott stays well adjusted at Bachmeyer Family Chiropractic.
- Racked my brain trying to think of the lyrics these last several months. I knew the melody, but couldn't hear words concrete enough to Google, until Mrs. Scott guessed a few and found this on YouTube. They just don't make music like this anymore. Dig the brass.
Friday, July 23, 2010
A week in the life: