- It's really raining outside right now. Not the first rain of the season, but the first heavy raining.
- I wore pants today. Very weird. It was cold enough today, but with nice weather fading into fall, the string of shorts-wearing days came to an end. Jeans feel strange.
- Congratulations to the Texas Rangers on winning their first pennant ever. Now, c'mon Giants, they're waiting for us.
- I've been watching some playoffs on national TV while trying to listen on the radio. Some of these telecasts have like a 20 second delay between what the radio is saying and when it happens on TV. I remember the NBA finals while walking down the main drag at the beach in San Diego this summer. I could hear cheers erupt at different times from different bars and restaurants. Technology?
- Our nine year old got a book from the library with some stories of comic strip characters in it. Batman is featured in one section. I hummed the TV theme from the show, and realized that my kids have never really seen Batman, Bugs Bunny, the Flintstones or the Three Stooges. Are we bad parents?
- In a July, 2009 Friday Night Potpourri, I mentioned that I was currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I finally finished it a week and a half ago. Even though it took me well over a year to read it, I remembered exactly where I was each time I picked up the book. Thanks to my mother-in-law for giving it to me.
- An oldie and a goodie, no lyrics needed.
Friday, October 22, 2010
A week of change and waiting: