Friday, February 09, 2007

New Blogger Forced On Me

Okay, I held out as long as I could. I avoided the new Blogger which is specifically attached to a Google account. Prompts, choices and "aw, c'mon" have been ignored, bypassed and run around. Until tonight. It gave me no choice. I had to accept terms of agreement even to log on. I tried an old trick, in which I "logged on" in the comment section of another Blogger account so that when logging into Blogger from an additional internet window, I bypassed the login procedure to directly to my posting dashboard. Even this was not allowed. I was trapped.

So, now I'm on the new Blogger against my will. But I'm not complaining too loudly here. I just was too lazy to spend two seconds longer than usual to do the task. It screws up the works of some third party software I use through my site, but I know the remedy, and it'll probably take as long to fix that as it is in writing this post.

Now I can add labels to my posts. I wonder if that can be done retroactively, so I can catalogue all of my posts under labels to make it easier for my fans to love me and my similar posts. Let's just see how the new Blogger works. It might be easier, as they claim, but it always takes up-front labor on my part. Now to dive in...

No comments:

Post a Comment