Friday, January 04, 2008

Neither Rain, Nor Snow, Nor Sleet...

I am a daily, morning jogger. Occasionally I miss a day because I'm behind schedule or due to illness. Overall I average over six days per week. In 15 years, I have never once missed a day of jogging due to the weather. Until today. I have jogged in rain, storms, snow, slush, below freezing temps, etc. But the west coast has been hit with a monster storm. There are 40 mph winds with gusts to 60 mph. Rain, flooding. Above 1000 feet in elevation there are hurricane force winds, with areas in the mountains near Lake Tahoe that are being hit with category three hurricane gusts of 140 mph. Driving to work today was a fun one and I was reassured that I made the right decision to not run. I can't wait for the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment