- Friday, July 1st is one of the worst days to go to the bank. The last time I went on a Friday, July 1st, it was insane. Friday is payday for many people. The 1st is payday for many people. And since the 4th of July is on a Monday, Friday July 1st is a three-day weekend getaway day. I hope none of you got stuck in a long line.
- In the last town we lived in we established a tradition for the 4th. There are fireworks over the water and the marina park is the gathering place for thousands of people. From our vantage point, we can see four different shows from the various waterfront towns and nearby theme park.
- This year we're determined to gather all the ripe plums and apricots off the trees before the squirrels get them all. This year's yield looks to be several times what last year's was.
- It promises to be a gardening weekend around the house. Weeks to pull and plants to water and cultivate. A house full of black thumbs don't make things any easier. It's good that there isn't too much to care for.
- Mrs. Scott just pulled into the driveway. Sometimes that means a car full of stuff the kids will help bring in the house. Let's see what's in store...
- Okay, yes I sat down last night to do FNP, but fell asleep at the mouse wheel. I'm getting up way earlier than I used to so the night owl in me is at a disadvantage.
- They had then more hair than I have now.
Saturday, July 02, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri
Toward the weekend ahead: