- We got plenty of plums off the plum tree this year, and the apricots just ripened to the point of picking this last week. We beat the squirrels this year. There didn't seem to be many. Sill some pits lying on the top of the back fence.
- True to form, it hasn't rained here in the San Fran area for a few weeks. We had tons of rain this winter, and now that summer is here, none. That means extra special care in watering things.
- Hopefully I'll get to be back on the normal Friday night routine for FNP. Because of my job, I've been getting up a lot earlier and we've been trying to do family things at night. Sometimes I just crash at the computer.
- Why is it that the bbq potato chips always go faster than the regular potato chips?
- Looking out the window, there's a huge fog bank to the south. Bright and white. It was overcast this morning and not all of it has burned off. It's cool today with a breeze. So somebody down there has no sun.
- Saw Chronicles of Narnia 2 last night in the parking lot of a church in the downtown of a small town. It used to have about 300 people in the 70's when I was growing up and the housing boom started in the 80's. It still has a small town feel to it. We brought our chairs and blankets, yet were still cold. The kids liked the movie, and so did we.
- Speaking of such towns...
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri
Late again. In the habit?