Saturday, July 09, 2011

Friday Night Potpourri

A day late and a dollar short:

  • Yeah, yeah, late again.  But, what else can a man do?
  • The youngest kids got dish soap out and washed mom's car with it and the garden hose.  Two days in a row.
  • I wonder if "extra dough" really means extra dough.  So many ways of interpreting this, and... wait a minute.  If this applies to chocolate chip cookie dough, then it becomes easy.
  • The back lawn has been temporarily shut down for fertilization.  After reading the label on the back of the bag, it says that I'm supposed to wear long sleeves, pants, shoes, and to wash my clothes separately from the others.  Serious stuff.
  • There's a brightness difference between copy papers.  Yup.  Some whites are whiter.  It makes it weird when the plain paper drawer of the printer has multiple whitenesses of paper mixed in.
  • Despite living in the same house for over 50 years, my parents have had three different area codes and three different zip codes during that same time. 
  • So I'm at the gas station this evening, and the guy at the pump in front of me is pumping gas with his door open and stereo up, grooving to and singing this song out loud.  I couldn't help but join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment