- Home from working overtime on swing shift. Was tonight Friday Night? It doesn't feel like it one way or another, but just like it's late at night, which it is.
- In my lab work, there's lots of call for what is known as de-ionized water (or "deionized" as one word, DI for short). Anyway, Microsoft Word's spell checker doesn't recognize the word "deionized". So, in its suggestion box it lists "demonized" as an alternate. Demonized water? I guess that's different than holy water, no?
- Visited a new friend's house. The friend is new, but the house is old. There's a concrete pouring in the back yard with the footprints of a young child imprinted in it and a name and date scratched in. The date: 1952.
- One thing about swing shift is that staying up late (or early as the case may be) allows viewing opportunities of the "paperboy" tossing the paper on the driveway as the car flies by.
- Summer is in full bloom and autumn is just around the corner. My favorite season of the year. The trees have, what, two months of totally green leaves left?
- The roof has accumulated a number of small toys. Many of them were batted up there by our middle boy. When I find the red volcanic rock in the back yard, I know it's been hit over the house by a little slugger.
- There's no other word to describe it than classic.
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri
Well, it's back. A fortnight in the rear view mirror: