Saturday, February 02, 2008

All About Me

Here's all about me that I want to show on this blog: [updated 02-03-08]

Steve Scott is a first and last name, not two first names.

There are fully a third as many Scotts as Joneses in the phone book.

I am almost 44 years old.

I have blond hair and blue eyes.

I am married with three boys, the first two adopted and the youngest born to my wife.

We have been married seven years, but first met in 1983.

I was born, raised and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. I have moved 14 times, yet never more than a few miles from my birth place.

I was born with a tooth, had it pulled when I was one day old, and had the same dentist for the first 40 years of my life.

My parents still live in the house I was born into.

I am a European mutt, a quarter German-speaking Swiss, then English, Irish, German, Swedish and pre-Soviet Lithuanian.

I am a direct descendant of a slave in the colonial South. A Swedish ancestor, servant to the king of Sweden, studying in London in the late 1600's was kidnapped and sold into the American slave trade. (Am I a prime candidate for reparations?)

I attended college at UC Berkeley in the early 80's, majoring in chemical engineering. I dropped out during my fourth year.

I am now an architect with 20 years experience with no formal schooling.

I converted to Christianity in 1994 when I was 30 years old.

I attend a non-denominational church which claims to be baptistic and Reformed.

I served as a deacon for four years.

I am a lifelong baseball fanatic, a fan of both the San Francisco Giants (life) and Oakland A's (until '95).

I like the Oakland Raiders (life) and San Francisco 49ers (until their fans became "phony whiners" shortly after their first Super Bowl win.)

I played Little League and high school baseball.

My favorite movie is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

My favorite place to visit is my wife's favorite place to visit - San Diego. We didn't even discuss where to enjoy our honeymoon.

[Updated 02-03-08] I jog two miles every day.

My favorite cuisine is Mexican. I like Indian, too, but seldom get to enjoy it. I use hot sauce daily.

I love beer. My favorite is Guiness Stout.

I live in Martinez, California, birthplace to Joe DiMaggio and the cocktail known as the Martini.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Mexican food and beer. Sounds almost as good as hot wings and beer.

    ReplyDelete