- What are Raffia Cream, Gobi Desert and Western Acoustic? They're paint colors, of course. The kids get a tiny bathroom makeover this week.
- The best croutons I've ever had were made by Mrs. Scott this week at work.
- We drove into San Francisco across the Bay Bridge this week. Many changes have occurred as a new bridge is being built. I realized I hadn't done it in several years, as all my trips into the City have been on the train. Six bucks for toll? I used to pay 75c when I first started driving.
- Our eight year old went to camp this week, and had some field trips. Yesterday he brought home a Venus fly trap. I can't wait to see if it gets rid of some pests.
- Absolutely free? If I have to remember to call you at the end of the free trial period to cancel and avoid being automatically charged full price, it's not absolutely free.
- A little known fact about me: I was born with a tooth, and the young family dentist came down to the hospital and pulled my first tooth when I was one day old. It was really loose and came out with his fingers. I had the same dentist for the next forty years until he retired.
- In the game of baseball, some teams' closers have a special song played when they enter the game in the 9th inning. Trevor Hoffman had "Hells Bells," Robb Nen had "Enter Sandman," and if I had to choose one for me, it might be the first minute or so from this. Turn it up.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Weak kneed, or week knead?