Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Night Potpourri

And then there were seven:

  • I'm 47 years old.  Just this week, for the first time in my life, I had that religious cult famous for knocking on doors knock on my door.  First time ever.  I've had dozens of close calls, near misses and narrow escapes.  I've never answered that other cult either.  I was at home once, sick in bed, when that other cult came but somebody else in my apartment answered the door.  Another time when I was 15, I saw them coming up the street.  I ran and got my boom box and cranked some Ted Nugent.  They stopped next door and turned around and went back down the street.  Is 47 years without a religious group ever knocking on my door some kind of record?
  • I got a haircut for the first time in many months.  I wonder if my new hat will be loose?
  • Daylight Saving time starts in less than two days.  Spring starts in less than two weeks.  The baseball season starts in less than three weeks.  The first two don't matter much.
  • It's still winter, but it really does seem to be warmer than it was in January.  The temperature vs. month graphs show this, but when you feel it's warm enough to sleep without any socks, it really is getting warmer.
  • Our kids' school had movie night tonight.  Toy Story 3.  They had popcorn and lemonade.  Three bucks to get in.  Our youngest didn't go because he went to a birthday party during the same time period.  Star Wars (the original).  They had pizza and beer (uhhhh, for the adults, that is).  Get in for free.  Decisions, decisions.
  • This one channel I watch shows the same ad over and over, month after month.  It really gets sickening.  If I complained about this ad... okay, I won't.  Some people live for that kind of stuff, though.  Eew.
  • When the Lord gets ready, you gotta move.

No comments:

Post a Comment