Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Night Potpourri

I had tons of stuff for this week, but forgot most of it.  Let's see if I can remember:

  • Strong winds dropped tons of yellow pollen from some kind of evergreen tree onto my car.  As I drove out of the driveway, I could see the pollen blow off in patterns.  There was a whirlpool effect on the back window.  Pretty cool, except for my kid's allergies.
  • I was far too busy with stuff to write a post about St. Patrick's Day.  So, I hope you had a good one, and if you enjoyed corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and a Guinness it must have been a good day.
  • All the nuke talk makes it easy to forget there was an earthquake and tsunami.  As usual, the most graphic, and telling, videos are the home movies on the internet and not the major media clips.  Just to see a surge of water going up hill, taking cars and houses with it is unfathomable.  It defies all sense of normalcy as well as the training of the senses.  A real disaster.
  • We keep getting rain.  It keeps cancelling many of the pee-wee practices and games for our kid.  But it's come at times when he's been sick, too.  Wabbit season, flu season.  Wabbit season, flu season.
  • Garlic flavored hummus.  Mmmmm.  Why wasn't that stuff around when I was a kid?
  • Nope.  I forgot all the stuff I had lined up for this week's FNP.  Maybe some of it will come back later.  Until then...
  • Edgar Allan Poe set to music.  It was difficult to pick which piece to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment