- The rain has left us for very warm, almost summerlike weather. A few days in the 90's made it shorts weather, even at night. Today it is very breezy, which is welcome. Sun, sun, sun.
- We have achieved fountains! Duck ponds near where we live have water fountains in the middle of them. Broken since we've lived here, somebody came out and restored them to glory. Another cool thing about being a kid.
- Our nine year old has taught himself how to fish. In a nearby creek he practices catch and release with some of the small fish. He fills a container full of creek water and catches about a half dozen, then returns them. He now knows how to fish. Can't wait to see what's next.
- Oh, goody. English soccer on the Tele. Or, excuse me, football. So much more exciting than American soccer, even if the announcers aren't speaking Spanish. Gooooooooooooal! I'm waiting for the riot to break out.
- Memories of the desert. One of our boys was born in a city in a desert, and today he was asking if there were sand and rattlesnakes.
- Something that almost never happens. Our three year old takes a nap on the couch. How funny. This one is worth a picture!
- It's my favorite song from my all time favorite album, but it's not my favorite song. Dig?
Friday, May 06, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri
Six days just aren't enough: