Friday, March 14, 2008

Blog Plug: Islam and Christianity

What I originally found to be an interesting blog that shed some facts on Islam, has turned out to me to be a very fascinating slice of real life in the real world. Abu Daoud writes on his blog, Islam and Christianity, which is subtitiled, "This blog is written by a Christian living in the Middle East. My desire is to discuss Islam and Christianity in ways that will be helpful for people of the other religion."

Abu's blog isn't some warmed-over extension of the post-9/11 image of Islam that we have courtesy of the mainstream American media. He is an intelligent, articulate, educated, well blog-read, passionate Christian who actually lives in the Middle East, and gives a depth to his topics in a way that few Americans can even imagine, much less experience. He writes not only about Islam and Christianity, as separate religions, but about the entire history of their interaction. Also, he writes much about the Koran, Islamic theology, Sharia law, folk religion, Muslim influence in Europe, Africa and America, unreached people groups, and personal interaction with Muslims where he lives.

A must read for anybody interested in Islam or Middle Eastern culture.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's the best plug I've ever gotten for Islam and Christianity!

    A good place for new readers to start is with my articles over on the right-hand menu under "by Abu Daoud"

    Also, if anyone requests a topic I will address it sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually can figure out how to do things on my blog but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do an external link. HELP anyone?

    ReplyDelete