Saturday, March 22, 2008

While Harry Was Sleeping In Seattle, Sally Got Mail

I've often wanted to make a movie parody that skewered the romantic comedy genre. It would be the perfect romantic comedy because both sexes could enjoy it. It would actually contain a romantic plot, so the chicks would watch, but it would be a mocking of the whole idea - a comedy - so the dudes could watch, too.

I would combine all the cheesy plot material of all the favorite romantic comedies (When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, Notting Hill, Wedding Planner, etc.). I would use real actors, but not stars, that had names that were very close to the names of real romantic comedy stars. Names like Julie Roberts, Tim Hanks, Marge Ryan, Jennifer Lopes. I would even splice movie titles together to get the super parody name - While Harry Was Sleeping in Seattle, Sally Got Mail. I would watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment