Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Psalm 121

Recently I have been gravely afflicted by God's providences. Or maybe more accurately, I have afflicted myself with my mind's projection of what I consider to be the logical consequences of my current circumstances. So at what I consider to be my lowest point in years, my pastor's call to worship this Sunday was Psalm 121, my favorite Psalm. It provided instant relief for a short period of time. I thank God for that reading.

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night
The LORD will protect you from all evil; he will keep your soul.
The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment