Monday, January 03, 2011

Moving Forward in 2011

Happy New Year!  Well, now that that's over...  There are some things I want to do here at From the Pew to help this blog move forward.

I want to use updated blog technology to bring my blog into the 2010's.  I started this blog in early 2005 - which is ancient in blog terms - when templates/formats were relatively primitive.  I have been handcuffed by that technology in terms of putting what I want where I want on the page, linking to other blogs or my previous blogs, taking full advantage of labels, and using the margins for useful information.  Newer Blogger layouts have added power and flexibility that would allow me to get the most out of this blog.  One problem I've run into is that I updated to a current template for one of my other minor blogs, and have had issues I can't afford for this blog.

Also, I want to look through some of the core material and previous blog series that was taken off last year, and put it back up in a better format.  I still want to get to writing about John Armstrong's book Your Church Is Too Small and the late Michael Spencer's book Mere Churchianity.  All this sounds like a little, but is a bit more than a little.  Here's to a better year of blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to more posts in 2011, Steve; keep it up!

    Oh, just switch to Wordpress; you can import all of your posts and comments from here to there with ease :-).

    ReplyDelete