- It's school project time, and I recall my high school science project. I made a contraption that would execute various bells and whistles and whatnot, and ultimately ignite a home-made fuse made with home-made gun powder, the ingredients for which I easily picked up at the local chemical supply warehouse. I called it "The Time Bomb." Of course it only went as far as lighting a fuse. If I were in high school and tried that today, I'd be in Gitmo faster than you could say "boom."
- This morning I went out into the back yard to kick the dog and suddenly remembered we didn't have a dog.
- I picked the worst day of the year to be out of beer. So, excuse me while I slip out to the store.
- Okay, back from the store. Some guy cut me off and I'm glad my kid's bat was still in my car from baseball practice. I hope nobody got my plate numbers.
- For dinner one night this week, I dumped a bunch of hot sauce on my mashed potatoes and gravy. I would recommend this to every red-blooded American. Or Canadian, for that matter.
- My "free" forced upgrade phone died within a week after I got it, then my second one died after only ten weeks. The third one is having issues, too. Phone curse?
- I really wanted to link to some Marilyn Manson for a good example of grown-up evangelical music, but I chickened out at the last minute and pasted this instead.
- [Update: yeah, some of my above bullet points are wacky. Twisted April Fool humor, I guess]
Friday, April 01, 2011
Friday Night Potpourri